An electric fireplace offers a cost effective alternative to a natural gas or wood burning fireplace in Fayetteville, NC. Electric fireplace maintenance is not complicated and an electric fireplace offers lovely ambiance without the hassles of a wood burning fireplace such as the dirt and cleaning. Even though maintenance with an electric fireplace is not as labor intensive, it still requires it's share of maintenance. Electric fireplace maintenance does not require the chimney ventilation or making sure that the fire is not burning out of control. Electric fireplace maintenance doesn't require you to clean up soot or ashes. The best thing about electric fireplace maintenance is that you don't have to worry that the logs aren't completely out when you go to bed and therefore cause a blaze. Here are some tips on electric fireplace maintenance.
1. First and foremost, make sure that the wires and electric components are safe and in good working order.
2. If any wires are frayed in your electric fireplace, remove and replace them. Never use your electric fireplace if the wires are frayed or damaged in any way.
3. Maintain your electric fireplace mantel with cleaning products specific to the material it's made from. You must work at keeping your electric fireplace mantel clean or it will start to look run down after a while.
4. Work to keep the brass work clean by using a compatible brass cleaner to shine it up.
5. Never use abrasive cleaners on your electric fireplace so you don't cause scratches. The gentler the cleaner the better. There are many effective non-toxic green cleaners on the market that can do a superb job cleaning and maintaining your electric fireplace.
6. To avoid undue wear and tear on your electric fireplace, do not use it as a storage space. Believe me, people do it!
7. Electric fireplace maintenance includes cleaning the firebox and control compartment with a vacuum and brush.
8. Do not use glass cleaner when cleaning the back of the glass. Use only a mild soap and water for fireplace maintenance.
9. Replace light bulbs when the ember bed is dark on one side when maintaining your electric fireplace.
10. Consult an electric fireplace or heating and cooling professional to clean the heater system in order to extend the fan's life as a part of electric fireplace maintenance.
By following these suggestions electric fireplace maintenance can be simple and cost effective. Electric fireplaces are almost maintenance free, but not 100% as you can see. Always maintain your electric fireplace. With good electrical fireplace maintenance, you will be enjoying your electric fireplace for years to come. Some electric fireplaces can even be taken with you if you move. Keep your electric fireplace maintained to keep it working and looking great for years.
In a sharp contrast to gas fireplaces or wood burning fireplace which need lots of maintenance, such as cleaning out the firebox, removing the ash, making sure you open and close the damper as appropriate, choosing the correct wood and worrying about starting a fire, your electric fireplace is an extremely clean, effective and enjoyable addition to your home. Now gas and wood burning fireplaces do have their place in homes too. The cozy hearth does wonders for the atmosphere, transforming your home into a beautiful warm roaring fire landscape. You can have almost, but not quite the same effect from your electric fireplace with proper the maintenance. If you need electrical services around Fayetteville NC, call us today at (910) 407-5678 for free quote. Electrician Fayetteville NC will take of your electrical installation and repair needs.